7 Facts about Lagomorpha
- Lagomorpha is an Electronic Music Artist from Germany
- Styles: Electronic Dance Music, Trance Music, Techno Music. Always instrumental (so far).
- Influences: Lagomorpha is influenced by the music of Nico Pusch, BT, Rone, Ulrich Schnauss, Chicane, Air, Lemon Jelly, Paul Kalkbrenner, Hans Zimmer
- Lagomorpha composes and produces music since 1995
- 4 albums has been released by Lagomorpha so far: “Pader-City Beats” (2004), “The Lagomorpha Experience” (2006), “Dear Diary” (2012), “Ride On” (2013)
- Lagomorphas biggest “hit” so far: “Skyline” (“The Lagomorpha Experience”) was licensed as In-Game-Music for the iOS-Game “Diver Dave” and is used as background-music in countless YouTube-Videos all over the world.
- Lagomorpha has been nominated for “Ride On” as “Dance/Electronica Album” at the 13th “Independent Music Awards” and has won the Vox Pop poll
Working on a new track, for Lagomorpha it’s like going on an adventure journey: It starts with an idea but he never knows, what kind of song is waiting for him at the end of his work. Sometimes it ends up as a Trance-Track, sometimes it’s Techno Music, but most often it is something a friend called “Lagomorphaesque”: Some kind of Electronica, sometimes pretty relaxed, sometimes real Techno full of energy. Perfect for driving around, home-listening or just dreaming away. Always instrumental, always melodic and always made with passion.
Music is his life, since he heard the first “Beatles”-Tape his father recorded for him as a little child. He grew up with the music of artists like “The Hollies”, “The Beach Boys”, “The Mamas & The Papas” and – of course – “The Beatles”. Paul McCartney was his hero when he was young, but this changed over the years. At the age of 16 he was infected with the Techno-Virus: “James Brown is dead” and “Dominator” were the first Techno-Tracks he listened to and what started as “Holy sh**, what a horrible noise!” turned into fascination and later it grew to a new love.
The legendary Rave “Mayday”, the “Love Parade” in Berlin and clubs like “Aufschwung Ost”, “Omen” and “E-Werk” became his second “Living Room”. When he first heard Westbams “Celebration Generation”, he thought: “I want to make something like this, too!” His wish became true when the music-tool “ReBirth” by Propellerheads was released: From that day on no hardware synths were needed to produce electronic dance music and he wrote his first tracks. “ReBirth” was followed by “Cubase VST 5” in combination with some more soft-synths, then there was Propellerheads “Reason”, “Fruity Loops” and later Ableton Live, which fitted perfectly to his workflow.
From day one, Lagomorpha published his tracks online: First at MP3.com (where his track “October Night” was a staff-pick and was featured as “Slow and dreamy trancer”), later at platforms like MySpace and since his second album, “The Lagomorpha Experience”, his music is available at all major download-stores and streaming-platforms like iTunes, Google Play, Spotify or Rdio.
Album number four, “Ride On”, has won the Vox Pop poll in 2014 as “Electronica/Dance Album” at the 13th Independent Music Awards.
Right now Lagomorpha is working on his fifth album. Working title: “#5”. It’s release is planned for late 2015. Watch out!